Re: How do I change working directory (under Windows)?

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: How do I change working directory (under Windows)?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:15:58 -0700

I know you can place all this in the .octaverc file so it
works automatically, but then, where's the fun?

In the home directory [octave_files] I placed a script
file:
  cdwork.m

in that script file is this:

cd \\
cd "Documents and Settings/Robert/My Documents"

Directory="My Documents"

So when I run octave, I just type
>> cdwork;

and the directory is changed and tells me where.

Since I usually work in a single directory for several
months, this technique works well.  Only change the
cdwork.m once in a while.

             - Robert -