Re: How do I change working directory (under Windows)?

From: David Smith
Subject: Re: How do I change working directory (under Windows)?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 05:52:37 -1000

I was able to change directories using this from the Octave prompt:

   cd /cygdrive/c/projects

However, I had trouble with spaces in file names.  After some
experimentation this worked:

   ls ''/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/''

Those are single quotes, two at each end.  I suppose there may
be an easier way.  Apparently this installation on sourceforge
contains a subset of cygwin(?).

Dave Smith

cjzarowski wrote:
Yesterday I installed GNU Octave 2.1.73 from sourceforge.
I am running it under Windows XP. It seems to run OK, but I cannot figure out how to
change the working directory. Presently, the system
insists on looking for my own script/function files
under
C:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.73\octave_files Of course, it also insists on saving things to this
location.
Playing around with LOADPATH and DEFAULT_PATH
has proven to be ineffective. It is not even clear to me
from the online manual that these are relevant to my
problem.
What do I do ? Thanks,
CJZ