Re: Is there a way to run octave offline?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Is there a way to run octave offline?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:13:18 +0200

Hi,
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking about, but yes Octave
prints to stdout. If I run this from the command line:

octave -q --eval "disp('hello')"

The word hello is printed to the screen and I'm back at the command
line. '-q' means quiet (i.e. the octave startup message is not printed),
and '--eval' simply means evaluate the next statement.

/Søren