Re: linking COLAMD, CCOLAMD, ZLIB

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: linking COLAMD, CCOLAMD, ZLIB
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:04:13 +0100

Andrew Funk a écrit :

Hi John,

I am experiencing this error:

octave:1> sparse(eye(3))
panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I thought it might have been due to the COLAMD/CCOLAMD not being
installed, but now I think I have those installed and it is still
happening, so maybe I should stop guessing :)

What should I do to confirm I have Octave and all the necessary
libraries built correctly?  (other than just looking for error messages
during configure/make, which I didn't see).

Thanks,
Andy

This is not normal, and I don't see this behaviour. It certainly isn't related to UFSparse, as the Fsparse function only calls the most basic sparse functions of octave. I think you need to supply more information. Which version of octave, what compiler, what platform (is a MAC for example and if so is a big-endian powerpc or a little-endian intel [are they available yet?]), etc? Also helpful would be if you run octave with gdb and give me a backtrace. As well as running octave through valgrind as "valgrind --tool=memcheck octave" and tell me all of the valgrind errors you get (some are expected and are related to readline).

Basically, as I can't duplicate this behaviour you'll have to help out quite a bit to debug this behaviour.

D.