linking COLAMD, CCOLAMD, ZLIB

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: linking COLAMD, CCOLAMD, ZLIB
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:05:53 -0500

On  3-Feb-2006, Andrew Funk wrote:

| I have installed Ufsparse and zlib, but it's not clear to me the
| proper way to tell configure where to find these libraries.  I found
| this email in the archives but I'm not sure how to use this information.
| Rather than just hacking the Makefile I assume there is a way to specify
| at the configuration step where to find the libraries?

Where did you install the headers and libraries?  If it is not in a
location that your compiler searches by default, then you need to use
something like

   CPPFLAGS=-I/a/dir/include LDFLAGS=-L/a/dir/lib configure ...

as the message you quoted said, or probably better,

   configure CPPFLAGS=-I/a/dir/include LDFLAGS=-L/a/dir/lib

The latter form will put the modified values of CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS
in config.status as well.  Here I'm assuming /a/dir/include is where
you installed the header files and /a/dir/lib is where you installed
the libraries.  If you install them in a location that the compiler
searches by default, then none of this should be needed.

jwe