error while loading shared libraries

From: Andrew Funk
Subject: error while loading shared libraries
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:00:08 -0500

Thanks, this sounds like the solution to my problem with escape
characters (I had been using 2.1.40)

Now that I am trying to install 2.9.4 I am having a new problem:

address@hidden ~]$ octave
octave: error while loading shared libraries: liboctinterp.so: cannot

I can see the requisite file in octave-2.9.4/src, so it seems it is not
getting copied over to the install directory.  I tried using the
--enable_shared flag to configure, but that didn't fix the problem and
anyway based on the description that doesn't seem like it should be
necessary.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy