Re: Continuous colour pm3d

From: Fredrik Lingvall
Subject: Re: Continuous colour pm3d
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:17:09 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Hello again,

Another Octave/Gnuplot newbie question...

I'm trying get a Matlab-like image function working with gnuplot and I am use the fink
binary for OS X (2.1.53 and gnuplot 3.8).  I want to display matrices as images where
each element is a "density" which I would like colour coded.  I am able to do
this with aquaterm (looks great!), svg, pdf and ps, but when I try to use a terminal like
png or jpeg I get

"Error: terminal 'png' does not support continuous colours".
If you have octave-forge, this should work:

   print("snapshot_0000.png", "-dpng")

I use MEncoder and ImageMagick to generate the movie (on a x86 Gentoo machine).

See these scripts:

* Version of image.m that uses pm3d mode:

   http://www.signal.uu.se/Toolbox/dream/image.m

* Script that generates a movie:

http://www.signal.uu.se/Toolbox/dream/examples/make_snapshot.m

* An example movie: