Re: structures Matlab - Octave

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: structures Matlab - Octave
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:40:29 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, David Bateman wrote:

This is not a bug... With Matlab R14sp2 I get

a = struct()

a =

1x1 struct array with no fields.

Which is identical to octave.. The problem is rather that the subsasgn of [] doesn't delete elements of the structure array in a similar manner to the numerical matrix/array classes.

In this case, I think that I introduced a bug into dir.m recently, but we should probably check what the matlab return is when there is supposed to be empty output.

Bill

--
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
  -- Steven Wright