Re: SIFT image descriptor patch

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: SIFT image descriptor patch
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:54:34 -0500

  Hi Stefan,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 04:51:33PM +0200, Stefan van der Walt wrote:
# Thanks, Etienne.  It's good to be able to run those demos under Octave.
#
# David Lowe's research might have been more popular with me if he
# hadn't submitted a patent on the work:
[snip]
#
# His algorithm is very relevant to the research that I am doing, but I
# am not going to invest time in emplementing an algorithm that cannot
# be released under a free license.
#
[snip]

  And you don't have to, since he provides linux/win binaries and a
Matlab wrapper; which you can use too under Octave, w/ the patch I
sent.

  Hth,

  Etienne

--