DLMREAD causes my computer to hang

From: Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte
Subject: DLMREAD causes my computer to hang
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:27:34 -0200

I am using octave under FC4, and upgraded two days ago. The packages I
am using are octave-2.1.72-1.fc4, octave-devel-2.1.72-1.fc4 and
octave-forge-2005.06.13-11.fc4.

Today I tried loading some data files with dlmread. I just try to
execute something as

feed = dlmread('feed.dat');

where feed.dat contains 23 lines of 85 comma-separated values. Octave
hangs and whin I press CTRL-C, it asks me to press CTRL-C again to
abort. I do it and octave panics. When I try dlmread with a larger
file (90 lines of 90 comma-separated values), octave makes my computer
totally freeze, and I can't do anything other than manually reboot it.

Has anyone experienced this?

Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte