Re: WARNING: Couldn't find tool init file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: WARNING: Couldn't find tool init file
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 21:03:39 -0500

On  7-Nov-2005, Keith Goodman wrote:

| Yes. I already have 2.9.3 which I compiled from cvs source a few
| months ago. What's the best way to update my 2.9.3?

Make install?

| Do I need to remove my current 2.9.3?

You can just install over it if you like, but that may leave some
cruft from the old version.

Unless you are recording all the files that were installed, or you are
keeping the old build tree around so you can run make uninstall (which
is not tested very often, so probably doesn't completely work) I would
recommend using --prefix=/usr/local/octave/2.9.3 (or similar) when
running configure.  That way, you can easily wipe out an old install
using rm -rf on the install tree.

jwe