Missing 'dsearch'

From: Maarten D. de Jong
Subject: Missing 'dsearch'
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:36:07 -0500

While researching some of the geometry functions in the SF-repositry, I noticed that there is no 'dsearch'. Without it, no natural neighbours interpolation is possible---and that is a nasty surprise, because I had counted on using precisely that particular type of interpolation for my work.

Unfortunately, the MATLAB equivalent is (from what I can make out) labelled 'private' and therefore not available as a straighforward .m-file, but only as a .dll. In other words, not in human-readable and thus portable, .oct-able format. Does anyone have a suggestion how to get dsearch to function on Octave?

Kind regards,
Maarten