Managing a succession of gset output commands

From: Madhusudan Singh
Subject: Managing a succession of gset output commands
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:52:54 -0400

Hi

I am trying to create a slew of plots from my data using octave. Code
snippet :

gset term png transparent enhanced xffffff x000000
gset size 1,1
gset origin 0,0
gset key outside

gset output "U1BC.png"
[plotcmd1,lcmd1]=plotcmd('d11',p11,"","IV",1,2,0);
eval(plotcmd1)
xlabel('Vbc')
ylabel('Ibc')
title('Patterned UOG 1 D1 - base collector IV')
gset output

gset output "U1D1-TFIC.png"
[plotcmd2,lcmd2]=plotcmd('d12',p12,"Vce=",r12,1,3,0);
eval(plotcmd2)
xlabel('Vb')
ylabel('Ic')
title('Patterned UOG 1 D1 - forward transfer')
gset output

plotcmd is code that I wrote (its well tested - no bugs there) that returns a
string that creates the plot.

What I find above is that the xlabel, ylabel and the title of the first plot
end up in the second.

I have plotted this earlier with subplot, and this order of eval(plotcmd),
xlabel, ylabel,title has given the right results in the past.

I need to create separate plot files, but this is choking now. Any idea what
am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.