RE: Very slow reading of a 2D matirx

From: Alireza
Subject: RE: Very slow reading of a 2D matirx
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:59:13 -0500

Exactly, this is what I would like to have the discussion on.

Initially I thought that octave is working hard to realloc the matrix size
as it parses through the data, hence trying to create the array with the
right dimension, ..., a failed experiment

It seems that octave spends too much time on parsing each individual
element. Perhaps someone that knows about the internals of the parsing of
matrices can shed some light on this.

Ali