Re: Very slow reading of a 2D matirx

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Very slow reading of a 2D matirx
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:35:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Bill Denney wrote:

You didn't really choose the best method to load a matrix. A better method would be to clip off the first two and the last lines from your attached .m file and change the name to something like xx.txt then do

load xx.txt

Suppose I'm writing a script and would like to keep all the data in the script file. Isn't this a good method?:

x = [
1 2
3 4
];

I used to think that it was, but now I can see that it can be extremely slow and I wonder why it is so slow. I wouldn't want to have to include separate data files with scripts because then the script has to know where to find the data file and I wouldn't know how to arrange the meeting!

Mike