Re: pslatex terminal output--Problem identified.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: pslatex terminal output--Problem identified.
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:35:42 -0400

On  4-Oct-2005, Petr Mikulik wrote:

| > Another thing that would be very useful would be a way to query
| > individual settings.  Parsing text output would be OK, provided that
| > it is easy to do that (i.e., the output is structured in some way, not
| > some natural language thing) and the format does not change.
|
| Do you mean  gget.m  from octave-forge?
| It works OK.

No, it is a terrible kluge and has a built-in race condition because
it sends a "save" command to gnuplot then waits a while (how long is
long enough?) and then parses the output.  The parsing step seems a
bit dicey to me, since as far as I know, the format of the output is
not well defined and could change with any new release of gnuplot.

jwe