Re: set_window_size and checking for built-in functions

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: set_window_size and checking for built-in functions
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:42:54 -0700

That "test" is an absolute necessity BEFORE you proceed...
an irritating problem with the naming of some of the built
in functions.  Their names parbly originated in MatLab,
too, so they have to be kept in octave.

Fom time to time I "step" on a built in function by naming
a variable with the same name.  Then there follows some
really weird effects.  Usually resulting in having to
restart octave.

Real nuisance sometimes when I'm doing "scribble" work.

                    - Robert -