Re: Gnuplot's layout functionality

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Gnuplot's layout functionality
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:06:51 -0500

On 29-Jul-2005, G.W. Wilson wrote:

| This automated alignment of axis would personally be extremelly helpful. I
| am attempting to produce a patch and will let you know of my progress.

Yes, this could help to simplify the setup of subplot windows.  But it
appears that the plots are always inserted in a specific order.  With
the current subplot, it is possible to switch to any subplot window
and plot in them in any order.  So you can do things like

  subplot (2, 2, 4);
  plot (x, y);
  subplot (2, 2, 1);
  plot (x, y);

to put a plot in the lower right corner followed by a plot in the
upper left.  Is that possible using the new layout option, or do you
always have to go in the default order.  I don't see this explained in
the help text or examples.

Thanks,

jwe