Re: Gnuplot's layout functionality

From: G.W. Wilson
Subject: Re: Gnuplot's layout functionality
Date: 29 Jul 2005 16:58:01 +0100

Thanks for your reply,

It has been added to Gnuplot 4.1 and is documented briefly at;

http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/docs_4.1/node186.html

An example of it's use can be seen at;

http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo_4.1/layout.html

This automated alignment of axis would personally be extremelly helpful. I am attempting to produce a patch and will let you know of my progress.

Thanks,

Gareth

On Jul 29 2005, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 29-Jul-2005, G.W. Wilson wrote:

| is there any intention to incorporate Gnuplot's new 'layout' plot option | for multiplots into Octave's multiplot, mplot or subplot functions by | default?

Not that I know of.  Where is the new feature documented?  I don't see
anything about layout in the gnuplot 4.0 help text for plot or "set
multiplot".

| Incorporation into subplot would ensure Matlab like plotting behaviour.
How?

jwe