Re: Octave presentation slides

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Octave presentation slides
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:02:59 -0500

Robert A. Macy wrote:

Stefan,

Thank you for supplying them, however, notice the label is octave-aims.tar.tar

But more importantly, I only have Winzip and such, which
will do tar.gz or tar.tgz, but doesn't understand tar.tar

Is it possible to put a different version up there for the
"compression challenged"?

The presentation is all HTML. If you don't have the right tools to unpack the tar.bz2 file, you can still see it by following the "view online" link Stefan put on his web site:
http://www.dsp.sun.ac.za/~stefan/octave-aims/index.html

I think maybe your browser (Internet Explorer?) may be doing something funny to the file extension. I downloaded it and got a tar.bz2 file rather than tar.tar. I think double file extensions like this confuse some Windows programs, which want to insist on only one extension. Also, if you have cygwin installed, you may have tar installed somewhere on your system without knowing it--try it from the cygwin prompt.

And, Stefan, nice presentation!

-Quentin