Re: Can an image be persistent with imshow or figure (II) ?

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: Can an image be persistent with imshow or figure (II) ?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:00:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello There!
--- Antonio Martínez Alvarez <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Is there a way to make Octave imshow or image run as
> Matlab or FreeMat?
> (Maybe withot using gnuplot (for speed))

Yes there is. Write a program using Octave libraries.
See wiki.octave.org, in the CODA section on embedding
and extending Octave. You could  choose to write
a C++ program wherein you could embed within your
program, the whole of Octave interpreter. Then
you could use the results to draw this from GTK+.

This is feasible in theory, and in practice too.
However as you say, the latency of your designs in
a point in question or show-stopper.

> What I want to do over Octave is capture images from
> a webcam (on-line),
> carry out a set of image filtering and show the
> result on-line. The first problem is the speed of
> imshow or image over
> Octave.

Cheers
Muthu