Re: Can an image be persistent with imshow or figure (II) ?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Can an image be persistent with imshow or figure (II) ?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:00:43 -0400

On Jul 14, 2005, at 8:42 PM, address@hidden wrote:

How can I make an image be persistent every time I use imshow or figure? I
want to to image processing with Octave.

This is an example of what I want to do. Only one window
is wanted but I always obtain a new window every time i use figure.

for i=1:20,
  x = rand(40);
  image(x);     % don't create a new window please ...   :(
end

With gnuplot 3.8 and up you can do it. Attached is a modified image function.

- Paul