UMFPACK On SGI Altix 350

From: Charles Wright
Subject: UMFPACK On SGI Altix 350
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:16:25 -0500

David Bateman wrote:
Michael,

I try to give some quick responses embedded in your text..

Michael Baginski a écrit :

checking umfpack/umfpack.h usability... yes
checking umfpack/umfpack.h presence... yes
checking for umfpack/umfpack.h... yes
checking for amd_postorder in -lamd... yes
checking for umfpack_zi_get_determinant in -lumfpack... no
checking for umfpack_zi_get_determinant in -lumfpack... no
checking for umfpack_zi_get_determinant in -lumfpack... no
./configure: line 13119: ,: command not found

The fact that you can't find *determinant seems to imply to me that you aren't using version 4.4 of UMFPACK. Unfortunately you have to use version 4.4 that was release earlier this year as it is this version that introduced (with a push from me) C99 complex argument calling conventions that octave needs. It also introduced the determinant functions for the use of octave. However, you shouldn't get the configure error here, it seems I have a bug in the case where UMFPACK is installed but isn't version 4.4... I'll take a look at what the problem is there, but if you install version 4.4 of UMFPACK you should get this issue.

The UMFPACK that I'm using is v4.4  I'm not confident that it compiled
correctly.
I tried multiple options to get it to compile.  I would imagine that it would
be best with

Tim can I offer you an account to on our system and ask you to help me compile it with 64 bit sgi scsl?

Here's the make file for UMFPACK that I used. UMFPACK was painful as well and I'm not
sure this is 64 bit...

Demos were segfaulting with the 64bit version of scsl

That I can't answer as I don't have access to a 64bit machine... You might like to take it up with Tim Davis directly...

#6: Altix 350 scsl
CONFIG = -DCBLAS
LIB = -lscs -lm

Do you really need the C calling conventions to BLAS? I suspect you'd be better off without the "-DCBLAS" flag as it latter means that we need to include cblas.

Its a pity you can't use some of the octav-forge toolboxes, but getting octave itself compiled is more important.

Regards
David