Re: Convolving a non-uniformly sampled signal with a Gaussian

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Convolving a non-uniformly sampled signal with a Gaussian
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 07:50:27 -0700

I'm going to guess...

You *have* to make a uniform distribution along the
function in order for the integration of the convolution to
work properly.

When there was no alternative to "gsplot"ing an array that
had nonuniform steps (similar to your problem) and I had to
convert to uniform steps; I wrote a simple program for
uniform interpolation.  I'll send it to you separately due
to size.  [Lot's of boiler plate for error checking]

         - Robert -