Re: 64-bit UMFPACK?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: 64-bit UMFPACK?
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:54:48 +0200

UMPACK functions have two letters to define the types of the arguments. The first letter is either "z" or "d" defining whether the functions are double complex or double. The second is either "i" or "l" defining if the indexing arguments are int or long... The configuration script of octave selects either "int" or "long" type for otave_idx_type, and the same type will be used by the UMFPACK functions, and so there should be nothing to do for 64-bit UMFPACK...

However, I do know that the COLAMD stuff including colamd and symamd is not 64-bit safe, and similarly for the load/save code, these are things that still have to be fixed... For the COLAMD stuff, the original author Tim Davis is working on a replacement of COLAMD that wil address this issue and will release it soon So I propose to do nothing there till this new code is released...

D.