Attacking ND arrays

From: Ryan Peterson
Subject: Attacking ND arrays
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:48:25 -0500

Is there a "good" way to take 2d slices of ND matrices, either in octave-forge or upcoming in future versions of octave? Say I have a 4d matrix named foo with 5 values in each direction and I want to look at a slice of it. Intuitively, I went for this:

b=foo(4,3,:,:);
imagesc(b)

But got an error about transposing ND arrays. I remember reading something about someone doing this within C but am curious if and how people have done this in octave. The most straightforward method I can think of is a loop but that can be time consuming. Any recommendations/suggestions?

Thanks,
Ryan Peterson