Re: calling a function within a multi-function file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: calling a function within a multi-function file
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 14:22:16 -0400

On  4-May-2005, Przemek Klosowski wrote:

|    Is there a way to call function test2 directly, even though it is in
|    test.m?  I could use the source command, but then I have to do that
|    manually every time I change the file.  Is there another way?
|
| Just make a symbolic link 'ln -s test.m test1.m'.

This doesn't work.  If "function" is the first
non-comment-or-whitespace token in a file, then only the first
function is parsed.

| I wonder if on windows
| you could set up a shortcut to the same effect--can anynoe try this?

You can create symbolic links using Cygwin.  Since Octave depends on
Cygwin on windows systems symbolic links created this way will work
(but not for the purpose you suggested).

jwe