RE: feval & leasqr.m

From: Harbinson, Jeremy
Subject: RE: feval & leasqr.m
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:11:54 +0200

Hi,
The function name which you type in quotes refers to file (I think it must be
an 'm' file) in which your function is actually described. For example, I have
a collection of function files in a directory, one of which is SGL_EXP.M, this
file contains a function in a form which is comprehensible to Octave.

function y=SGL_EXP_1(x,p)
% MODEL FOR SINGLE EXP DECAY WITH OFFSET
y=p(1)+p(2)*exp(-p(3)*x);
return

In the case of this particular function it is a single exponential decay with
an offset. The function expects to get x values and three parameters in a three
element vector (p(1), p(2) and p(3)) whose values it will attempt to estimate
given initial guesses.
Hope this helps,
Jeremy Harbinson