Re: Wierd plotting question

From: Madhusudan Singh
Subject: Re: Wierd plotting question
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:56:00 -0500

On Saturday 05 March 2005 03:54, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,
> Do you really mean the color be a function of x? ie the value of x

Is that so hard to believe ?

> should be defined both by the position left-to-right on the plot
> and by the hue ? Or you intend the colour to represent an

I wrote :

"I want the color of the plot to be a user specified function
(on rgb space) of x."

That means, color=color(x).  You could see it as x=x(color) (assuming an
invertible transformation), but that is both unnecessary and unintuitive.

> additional independent variable ?

That case could be useful in displaying more complex data.

> In the second case, look at the epstk toolkit by Stefan Mueller.
> His eplot function has provision for defining the color of each
> function plotted in terms of RGB values.

Thanks. Is that a part of octave-forge ?