Re: Wierd plotting question

From: mavram
Subject: Re: Wierd plotting question
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:54:08 +0200

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:21:13AM -0500, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange question regarding plotting in octave. Suppose, I want to
> plot y vs x, but I want the color of the plot to be a user specified function
> (on rgb space) of x. Is this kind of thing possible ?
>
> Thanks.

Hi,
Do you really mean the color be a function of x? ie the value of x
should be defined both by the position left-to-right on the plot
and by the hue ? Or you intend the colour to represent an
additional independent variable ?
In the second case, look at the epstk toolkit by Stefan Mueller.
His eplot function has provision for defining the color of each
function plotted in terms of RGB values.
Cheers, Avraham