Re: Where and how to run scripts

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Where and how to run scripts
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:47:43 -0600

address@hidden wrote:

I have installed Octave-2.1.57 on a  Macintosh OSX
10.3.8.  I wish to use programs from Auditory
Toolbox
by Malcolm Slaney.  I am a complete Unix newbie.  I
need to know where to place the “M” files and
complied
“Mex” files.

I don't use a Mac, so someone else will have to answer your other questions, but if the toolbox includes compiled "mex" files, I think they are compiled for use in Matlab, and won't work in octave. If you have source code available, you may be able to re-write the code to be compiled as "oct" files in octave, but that could be a lot of work.

-Quentin