Where and how to run scripts

From: bostonear-octave
Subject: Where and how to run scripts
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:30:50 -0800 (PST)

I have installed Octave-2.1.57 on a  Macintosh OSX
 10.3.8.  I wish to use programs from Auditory
 Toolbox
 by Malcolm Slaney.  I am a complete Unix newbie.  I
 need to know where to place the “M” files and
 complied
 “Mex” files.  The names of the directories and where
 located in relation to /usr/local/bin would be
 helpful.  Also what procedure  and terms need to be
done for
 “LOADPATH”?

 Thanks

 Allan