Re: Segmentation fault?

From: Per Persson
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault?
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:38:37 +0100

On Jan 9, 2005, at 20:09, Vic Norton wrote:

I'm running Octave version 2.1.57 on an 800 MHz iMac (OS X 10.3.7). I have a script that does a good deal of computation. It took about 35 seconds (on the last data set I tried).

The script seems to work just fine whenever I run it (no reported errors, appropriate output), but, if I quit Octave after it is run, I get the message

   octave> quit
   panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
   attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
   save to `octave-core' complete
   Segmentation fault

As I say, the script seems to be doing just what it is supposed to. Still, I am a bit concerned about this message. Is there some relatively easy way that I can trace where the problem is occurring?

Yes, look in $HOME/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/octave.crash.log
You'll find a lot of info there, described in the following tech note:
<http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2004/tn2123.html>

/Per