Re: Segmentation fault?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault?
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:06:42 -0500

On 10-Jan-2005, Miroslaw Kwasniak <address@hidden> wrote:

| On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:22:21AM -0500, Vic Norton wrote:
| > I've narrowed down my segmentation-fault problem. It seems to be the
| > consequence of the two word command:
| >    octave> clear all
| > Does "clear all" have known problems?
|
| In octave `clear all' clears one variable/function which has name `all'
| ;)

The current documentation may imply this, but I think it is wrong.  If
you look at the code for clear in src/variables.cc, you will see that
if there is at least one argument provided, but no options that begin
with "-", then a function called do_matlab_compatible_clear is called,
which handles options like "all", "functions", "global", and
"variables".

jwe