Re: sqrt function, NaN and complex number

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: sqrt function, NaN and complex number
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:30:41 -0500

On 10-Dec-2004, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

| I can reproduce that with Fedora Core 3. I wonder if this is problem with
| glibc (glibc-2.3.3-74).

Perhaps.  I can't reproduce the problem with Octave 2.1.64 on a Debian
system, which currently has

devzero:1850> dpkg -l libc6
ii  libc6          2.3.2.ds1-18   GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone

In any case, I don't think it is really a bug in Octave.

What happens if you try a simple C++ program to test sqrt(NaN+NaN*i)?

jwe