Re: patent infringement case (was "Simulink")

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: patent infringement case (was "Simulink")
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:36:06 +0200

Given that the patents cover the basic issues of schematic entry of
dataflow diagrams, I don't see how Simulink can be changed so as to be
not infringing. See teh "Patently Obvious" blog at

http://patentlaw.typepad.com/patent/2004/09/federal_circuit.html

However, I don't for one minute think that Simulink will stop being
sold, NI will probably negotiate licensing terms with Mathworks for
the patents...

D.

Daprès Mike Miller <address@hidden> (le 21/09/2004):
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Andrey Romanenko wrote:
>
> >And by the way, I am wondering what is going to happen to Matlab
> >Simulink and Scilab Scicos in light of the recent patent infringement
> >case that NI won...
>
> I hadn't heard about it until now.  Here is a page from NI:
>
> http://digital.ni.com/worldwide/bwcontent.nsf/5076c193a6bfa57486256a7000512ca4/03b9a7c68030c42d86256f08006499cd?OpenDocument
>
> Here's the MathWorks page on the case:
>
> http://www.se.mathworks.com/company/pressroom/articles/article7951.html
>
> So, MathWorks will "make modifications to the Simulink product," and they
> will continue to support it and develop it.
>
> Mike

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary