Re: Complex Conjugate

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Complex Conjugate
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:47:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, robert Macy wrote:

Is there a simple command that performs the complex conjugate on a matrix containing complex variables?

I've been using "workaround" using real() and imag()

Couldn't find this anywhere. Couldn't find any mention in the html manual.

Also, how do you do a search for *any* word in the TOTAL manual? I've only been able to do a search per page section.

Using "help -i conjugate", I managed to find this:

X'
     Complex conjugate transpose.  For real arguments, this operator is
     the same as the transpose operator.  For complex arguments, this
     operator is equivalent to the expression

          conj (x.')

Then, "help conj" returned this:

conj is a builtin function

conj (X): compute complex conjugate for each element of X

Additional help for builtin functions, operators, and variables
is available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`help -i <topic>' to search the manual index.

Best,

Mike