Warning: Load: sparse arrays are not implemented

From: daniel atwater
Subject: Warning: Load: sparse arrays are not implemented
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:05:44 -0500

To any and all,

When trying to use the load command on a .mat file created using MATLAB 6.5.1, I get the following warning message:
Warning: Load: sparse arrays are not implemented

I get this message for several of the variables in the .mat file, BUT not for all the variables. The warning message appears to be more like an error message than a warning b/c the variables that are given this warning ultimately do not get loaded into the octave environment.

Does anyone have any idea of a solution to this problem?

I've tried going http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html and downloading the sparse matrix files, but had trouble installing them. I was also unable to install a older version of a sparse matrix package developed by Andy Adler.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
dpath2o

Daniel P. Atwater                                833 Dyer Rd., Bldg. 232, Rm.
328
Graduate Assistant                Monterey, CA 93943
Oceanography Dept.                831-656-1060 (voice)
Naval Postgraduate School         831-656-2712 (fax)
                            address@hidden