Re: saving sparse variables

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: saving sparse variables
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 00:14:43 +0200

As of 2.1.53 octave does supply the required hooks. I announced it and
even implemented saving of the galois type in octave-forge/main/comms
as an example. Check the functions load_ascii, save_ascii,
load_binary, save_binary, load_hdf5 and save_hdf5 for details

Regards
D.

According to Andy Adler <address@hidden> (on 05/17/04):
> On Mon, 17 May 2004, Robert Kirchner wrote:
>
> > I'm now having trouble saving a sparse variable.  I get the error
> > "octave_base_value::save_ascii(): wrong type argument `sparse'".  Same
> > thing, mutatis mutandis, when I try to save -binary.  Is there a
> > workaround?
>
> Saving sparse directy is not implemented. Octave does not currently
> provide the required hooks.
>
> Try this:
>
> SAVING:
>        [spvar.i, spvar.j, spvar.v, spvar.nr, spvar.nc]= spfind(spvar);
>        save('-binary', file,'spvar');

>       load(file);
>       spvar= sparse( spvar.i, spvar.j, spvar.v, spvar.nr, spvar.nc );
>

> Andy

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary