Help me with these Errors

From: Saba Karim Shah
Subject: Help me with these Errors
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 23:43:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I would like to know if someone can help me debug this
error. I am a beginner with Octave and I have
installed Octave 2.1.50 on Windows XP Pro. I have this
file which I am trying to run. The file as per the
author is trouble free and not to forget the author
has made the filed using Octave for Linux. When I run
the file the following error is generted.

error: fprintf: invalid stream number = -1
error: evaluating if command near line 66, column 1
error: near line 70 of file
`/cygdrive/c/utils/temp/octave-simulation/rsvp.m'

The lines where the error points to are:

# open the log files and write the first line showing
the order

logfile = fopen ("logs/simulation.log", "a+",
"native");

if (mp)
         fprintf(logfile, "# mp,    ");
else
         fprintf(logfile, "# moid,  ");
endif

The value of mp is set to zero in the begining of the
code.

Please help.

Regards,
Saba