Re: DEMOcontrol and bodeplots

From: Hugo Coolens
Subject: Re: DEMOcontrol and bodeplots
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:36:46 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 23-Feb-2004, Hugo Coolens <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | I'm trying out Octave 2.1.53 on a Quantian Live Linux CD.
> |
> | Things are going quite wrong when I do the following:
> | DEMOcontrol
> | [1] System Representation
> | [2] Initialize a system
> | save to `octave-core' complete
> | Segmentation fault
> |
> | I also have a version 2.1.35 installed on Debian Woody, this works a
> | little better but doing the following also goes completely wrong:
> | octave:2> sys=tf2sys([3 1],[1 3 1]);
> | octave:3> bode(sys)
> | error: logspace: arguments must be scalars
> | error: evaluating if command near line 71, column 5
> | `/usr/share/octave/2.1.35/m/control/base/bode.m'
> |
> | Does anybody here on the list how to solve these problems?
>
> Upgrade to 2.1.55.  The demo appears to work properly with that
> version.
I did an upgrade to 2.1.55 (using the latest Quantian: 4.9.4 and also
building one on a debian woody system),
DEMOcontrol seems indeed to work now.
However I have a small new problem:
the stem function doesn't work anymore?
I try to do something like this:
y=filter(b,a,x)
plot(time,stem(y))
is there a reason why stem no longer is available?
is there an alternative to perform this function?

regards,
Hugo