Re: about simulation...

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: about simulation...
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:27:37 -0500

There are some problems with some versions of octave
on some versions of windows.  Anytime octave needs to
fork to run an operating system command it freezes.  I
don't see any of these in a quick look at step and rlocus,
however, there are lots of support routines I didn't look at.

If the commands you are running outputs to the pager, then
then it might freeze.  Do you get lots of output?  Are you
running on Windows 9x?

I believe the octave-2.1.50a version at octave-forge
(http://octave.sf.net) has fewer problems with freezing.

Hope that helps,

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden