Re: XEmacs octave mode (font lock problem)

From: Victor Munoz
Subject: Re: XEmacs octave mode (font lock problem)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:11:40 +0900

> Another bug report regarding XEmacs and the very latest octave2.1-emacsen
> package was filed recently [1], and addressed with a small patch by JWE.

> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=229336

  Reading the bug report, I noticed the reported refered to a question I
posted to the debian-user list, so I'm glad somone else noticed the problem as
well, and the bug was solved (so I should have filed the bug report myself
then!).

> could try the newer .el files from a current octave2.1-emacsen package -- as
> this isn't binary code, it can't interfere with your stable system. But
> you'd need to manually tweak the installation or simply overwrite the .el
> files and then rebuild the .elc (see what the postinst does).

I did so. Recompiled the .elc using the unstable version of octave-mod.el,
put it in /usr/share/xemacs21/site-lisp/octave, and it works.

Thanks!

                                        Victor