Re: XEmacs octave mode (font lock problem)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: XEmacs octave mode (font lock problem)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:43:31 -0600

On  5-Feb-2004, Victor Munoz <address@hidden> wrote:

| Reading the bug report, I noticed the reported refered to a question
| I posted to the debian-user list, so I'm glad somone else noticed
| the problem as well, and the bug was solved (so I should have filed
| the bug report myself then!).

It seems to me that bugs are rarely fixed if they are not reported to
the people who can actually fix them.  So if you complain about Octave
bugs somewhere other than the Octave lists, it is much less likely
that someone who can fix the problem will notice.  Presumably, if you
are having a problem and it persists for some time (several releases
or snapshots) then chances are good that other people are not noticing
your problem, or they don't think it is a problem.

jwe