docs for dynamic loaded functions

From: Martijn Brouwer
Subject: docs for dynamic loaded functions
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:39:06 +0100

I would like to try accelarate a fitting procedure. The function that I fit,
performs 15 to 20 function call per data point. Even though I have only 26
points, and the fitting procedure has converged in only a few iterations, the
total calculation is quite slow. Much slower than under matlab actually.
Since calling octave functions is quite expensive, I consider to create
dynamically loaded functions using mkoctfile.
Where can I find more documentation on this topic? The short example in the
manual, is just sufficient to show the principle and the benefits of creating
dlf's. There is quite a gap between the oregonator examples and the src
directory. Is there somebody who wrote something on this topic?

Martijn

Physics is a approximate description of a part of the physical phenomena, that
are only a small portion of human perceptions.

H Casimir, Dutch Physicist