How to write and run .mfiles in octave

From: Victor Kareem
Subject: How to write and run .mfiles in octave
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:16:20 -0600

I am a student at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. I am working on a senior design project using octave. I am building a series of virtual labs that deals with different types of signal processing for communication systems. I wrote a simple mfile just like you would in matlab. I try to run the mfile on octave but i have no luck. this is the way i wrote the mfile

a =[1,2,3]
b=[4,5,6]
y=conv(a,b)
plot(y)

I saved the mfile as test1.m in the same directory where my octave 2.1.36.exe is located. I opened octave and type test1 <enter>. Well nothing showed. But if i type the above command line by line on the octave screen, it works fine. Can someone tell or show an example on how to write and run .mfiles in octave. It seems am doing it wrong. All inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es