Re: wiki on sf

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: wiki on sf
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:41:23 +0100

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 10:34:31AM -0400, D. Goel wrote:
#
# hi
#
# Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> writes:
#
# >   I got Oddmuse working on my machine, but didn't manage (yet) to use
# > the previous octave-wiki (I guess I should s/old_host/new_host/ a
# > little everywhere, right?).
#
# yeah i think very few links are "hard links" involving the name of the

  Done.

# host and they are all that need to be changed.  I think: Just set up a
# working oddmuse wiki, play with it, and then all that is needed is to
# replace the "data content" of the wiki with the .tar.gz that's on the

  Do you mean untar octave-wiki.tar.gz and put the resulting dir as
$DataDir?

  In any case : I got oddmuse running, could modify a page (updated
the Zaurus link) and I don't think there are any links to gnufans.net
anymore.

# web at http://gnufans.net/~deegowiki/octave-wiki.tar.gz
#
# PS: the old wiki's icon is at
#
# http://gnufans.net/icons/deego/octave.png <-- lifted from octave.org
#  and the
#
# stylesheet (by Damian Elmes) is here:
#
# http://gnufans.net/~deego/pub/stylesheets/resolve.css

  Got them. Work fine.

# viz:
#
# download oddmuse.pl, rename it to oddmuse.pl, and then
#
# The only change needed is to change the datadir in the oddmuse.pl,
# here's what i did:
#
#
# #$DataDir   = '/tmp/oddmuse' unless $DataDir; # Main wiki directory
# $DataDir     = '/home/deegowiki/wikis/octave'; # Main wiki directory
#
# The next step is to edit the config file in this directory...  The
# tarred up octave.tar.gz already contains a config file, whose contents
# are included below as well:   (tweak directory names as needed :-)
#
# And finally, for legal reasons, there should be a copy of FDL residing
# on the host containing the wiki, which the footernote below links to
# ...
#
# please let me know if i can be of any more assistance :)
#
#
# ====================================================
# the file 'config'
# ====================================================
#
# $FooterNote  = "<p>Permission is granted to copy, distribute
# and/or modify this document under the terms of the <a
# href=\"http://www.gnufans.net/FDL\";>GNU Free Documentation
# License</a>, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the <a
# href=\"http://www.fsf.org/\";>Free Software Foundation</a>";
#
# # HTML for bottom of every page
#
# $EditNote = "<p><b>Please contribute only your own work under <a
# href=\"http://www.gnufans.net/FDL\";>FDL</a> or other work compatible
# with FDL.  <p>Empty lines separate paragraphs.  Paragraphs may span
# several lines.  Asterixes (`*') introduce list items.  One list item
# per line.  Plain URLs get hyperlinked.  Words in camel case (mixed
# case) are transformed into local links.  Indent source code with four
# spaces.<p>";
#
# # HTML notice above buttons on edit page
#
# $HomePage    = 'ScaryOctave'; # Home page (change space to _)
# #$LogoUrl     = 'http://www.octave.org/images/octave-logo.jpg';
# #$LogoUrl     = 'http://gnufans.net/icons/deego/octave-logo.jpg';
# $LogoUrl     = 'http://gnufans.net/icons/deego/octave.png';
# $StyleSheet = 'http://gnufans.net/~deego/pub/stylesheets/resolve.css';
# #$StyleSheet = '/stylesheets/resolve.css';
# #$StyleSheet = 'http://gnufans.net/~deego/pub/stylesheets/resolve.css';
# # else problems:
# # no text area to edit
# # red text obstructed by save/preview buttons
#

--
Etienne Grossmann ------ http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~etienne