Re: mod_octave?

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: mod_octave?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:37:25 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Gavin Jin wrote:
> If not a stand alone mod_octave, how about something that works with
> mod_* and frees the web server from loading the octave interpreter
> every time a new octave task needs to be evaluated?
>
> Can any of the suggestions you mentioned do that?

The following works well with apache cgi-bin.
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work well with mod_perl:
If you try this solution, keep us posted on the results.

-----File C:/Apache/cgi-bin/inlinetest.cgi
#!c:/cygwin/bin/perl.exe

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";

printf "Test Perl:   2+2 = %d\n", perl_add(2,2);
printf "Test C:      2+2 = %d\n", c_add(2,2);
printf "Test Octave: 2+2 = %d\n", octave_add(2,2)->as_scalar();

sub perl_add {
    my ($a,$b)= @_;
    return $a+$b;
}