help messages

From: Sarodnick Volker ZFF TE-DR
Subject: help messages
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:39:04 +0100

Hello,

I've just installed Octave, version 2.1.42 (i686-pc-cygwin). Now I
wonder, why

> help interp1

don't work:

help: sorry, `interp1' is not documented

( e.g. help date works well )

interp1.m exists and is well documented, so I puzzled a little bit
with it. If I change interp1.m to matlab-help-style:

function yi = interp1(x, y, xi, method, extrap)
% usage: yi = interp1(x, y, xi [, 'method' [, 'extrap']])
%
% Interpolate the function y=f(x) at the points xi. The sample
% points x must be strictly monotonic.  If y is a matrix with
% length(x) rows, yi will be a matrix of size rows(xi) by columns(y),
% or its transpose if xi is a row vector.

can I see the help message. Do I need some special environment
settings? I tried also: octave --no-init-file , but it doesn't help.

Thanks.
Volker Sarodnick

ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Zentrale Forschung und Entwicklung
Abt. TE-DR (Elektrische Antriebstechnik, Regelungstechnik)
88038 Friedrichshafen
Tel.: 07541 - 77 - 7631
Fax.: 07541 - 77 - 907631

address@hidden