shared library not open

From: Christoph Ellenberger
Subject: shared library not open
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:40:27 -0600

Hello,
I am trying to install octave (2.1.39) with shared libraries enabled, because
I at the end I want to use tk_octave 0.3.0. The compilation worked fine and
also the demo hello went pretty flawless. but trying to use oregonator or
tk_octave itself, the computer complains about not finding the provided
functions, and the error: shared library is not open. I couldn't find any
hint of how to load or open the libraries.

Thanks for your help
Christoph

                                    (o o)

                           present coordinates:

Christoph Ellenberger
                                         Solid State Physics Laboratory HPF E9
Schaffhauserstrasse 443       ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8050 Zuerich                 CH-8093 Zuerich

Tel ++41 (0)43 299 92 72        (0)1 633 23 13

                Email   address@hidden